Join us for an evening of Gear & Cheer on October 3rd at REI Denver Flagship store. There will be tons of swag from our corporate donors, mountain-folk games, beer from Our Mutual Friend Brewing Company, dinner prepared by local chef and mountain woman, Kestrel, and a live auction chock full of life-changing adventures. Not convinced? To top it off, Journey Girls, an all-women's Journey cover band is playing live! It's an epic night of fun for a good cause. All money raised helps girls traditionally excluded from the outdoors get into tents and onto climbing ropes for our 2020 season.
Not able to make it to the event but want to support our efforts in a tangible way? Buy a ‘There in Spirit’ ticket!
Check out this list of opportunities that will be available via the live auction:
- ~ 2 entry passes for the 2020 Haunuman Festival
- ~ Red Mountain Lodge backcountry ski trip for 2 people
- ~ Sea Kayak or Whale Watch in Baja from Sea & Adventures
- ~ A women's only tour package with Adventures in Good Company
- ~ 12-Month Membership for Earth Treks Climbing and Fitness
- ~ Multi-Pitch Climbing Adventure for 3 with Boulder Climbing
- ~ United Airlines 2 hours of flight simulator time for 4 people
- ~ 2 night stay for 2 at Spoke & Vine, VIP WInery Tour at Colterris
- ~ Condo rentals in Hawaii, Frisco and Steamboat
Women’s Wilderness is a Colorado-based nonprofit founded in 1998 to cultivate courage, confidence, connection, and environmental stewardship among girls, women and the LGBTQ2+ community through year-round outdoor immersions across the West. We aim to be a welcoming, safe place for people of all backgrounds and identities to explore the gifts of the wilderness. We continually seek to improve our selection of courses in order to provide opportunities to anyone who has felt that they do not fit into mainstream “outdoor culture.”
We believe that all girls, regardless of ability to pay, should have access to life-changing wilderness experiences. In 2018, we awarded over $40,000 in need-based financial aid to girls so that they could participate in our programming. Over 75% of the girls awarded financial aid come from families that live at under 150% of the Federal Poverty Guideline.
"Women’s Wilderness has really made me a better person in a short amount of time. Being in the wilderness with nine other amazing, powerful girls has made me realize how much more I should be thankful for this experience and all the life skills I learned." - Girls' course participant